Shichizo KAWASE(1-2) was born on 27 August 1891 in Inaeda-mura, Shiga-ken, Japan to Mr. H. KAWASE, his mother’s name is unknown at this time.(3-6) Shichizo first immigrated in 1906 and he remained in the United States until 1918.(5) He submitted draft registration cards for WWI on 5 June 1917 in Sacramento, California where he was an unemployed farm hand and he was single.(6) Shichizo was medium in height, medium build with brown eyes and black hair.(6) Shichizo married Sue in Japan and then he immigrated again in April 1919 to Seattle, Washington.(5) Shichizo remained in the United States for about a year and returned to Japan.(4) Shichizo returned to the United States in January 1922 arriving in Seattle with his wife, Sue, and their final destination was Kemmerer, Wyoming.(4) He died in a gas explosion in Frontier No. 1 coal mine on 14 August 1923 at the age of 31 in Frontier, Wyoming, United States.(3) Shichizo’s body was sent to Denver, Colorado, United States where he was cremated.(1,3) Shichizo was survived by his wife Sue and a one year old child.(2)
1. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 1, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
2. Sneddon Robert T. Inspector (Dist 1) & Robert V. Hotchkiss Inspector (Dist2), "State Coal Mine Inspectors Of Wyoming, Districts No. 1 and 2," year: 1923; report, 1923; , Wyoming State Archives on microfilm, Cheyenne, Wyoming.
3. Schichizo Kawase, death certificate file no. 1447 (14 August 1923), State of Wyoming, Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Central Avenue, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
4. "Washington, D.C.; Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at Seattle, Washington," digital online, Ancestry.com, Ancestry.com (: National Archives and Records Administration; Washington, D.C.; Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at Seattle, Washington; NAI Number: 4449160; Record Group Title: Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, 1787 - 2004; Record Group Number: 85; Series Number: M1383; Roll Number: 66 11 March 2018), Shichizo Kawase & Sue Kawase.
5. "Washington, D.C.; Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at Seattle, Washington," digital online, Ancestry.com.
6. "United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918," database with images, FamilySearch," digital, FamilySearch, FamilySearch.org (: online digital 11 March 2018); citing United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918, "United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KZVR-TJC : 12 December 2014), Shichizo Kawase, 1917-1918; citing Sacramento County no 1, California, United States, NARA microfilm publication M1509 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.); FHL microfilm 1,531,278.