John KIDDY(1-2) was born on 4 February 1884 in Almy, Wyoming Territory to Mr. & Mrs. Thomas Kiddy.(3-5). He appeared in the census in 1900 in Frontier, Wyoming with his widowed father and siblings.(5) He appeared in the census in 1910 in Woodruff, Utah where he was a single, 23 year old “farm labour”(sic).(6) John appears in the Border Crossings from Canada to the United States in April 1911 entering in Sweet Grass County, Montana.(7) John married Dinah Lukittus Moyne on 29 March 1913 in Randolph, Utah. (9) He submitted draft registration cards for WWI in 1918 in Kemmerer, Wyoming while he was working for the OSL Railroad Company.(4) On John’s draft registration cards is the following notation about his citizenship: "This man became naturalized in Canada-then returned to U.S. & took out first papers--".(4) John appeared in the census in 1920 in Lincoln County, Wyoming with his wife, five children, his two brother-in-laws and one sister-in-law.(8) In 1920 John was working as a teacher in grade school.(8) He applied for citizenship on 20 May 1921 in Kemmerer, Wyoming. (10) John died in a gas explosion in Frontier No. 1 coal mine on 14 August 1923 at the age of 39 in Frontier, Wyoming, United States.(3) He was buried on 17 August 1923 in Kemmerer, Wyoming.(3) At the time of his death, John had 5 dependents ranging in age from 9 years old to 4 years old.(2)
1. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 1, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
2. Sneddon Robert T. Inspector (Dist 1) & Robert V. Hotchkiss Inspector (Dist2), "State Coal Mine Inspectors Of Wyoming, Districts No. 1 and 2," year: 1923; report, 1923; , Wyoming State Archives on microfilm, Cheyenne, Wyoming.
3. John Kiddy, death certificate file no. 1431 (14 August 1923), State of Wyoming, Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Central Avenue, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
4. "U.S. World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918," digital, Ancestry.com. U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005., Ancestry.com (: online 11 March 2018), John Kiddy; citing United States, Selective Service System. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. Washington, D.C.:, Registration State: Wyoming; Registration County: Lincoln; Roll: 2022241.
5. 1900, , population schedules, Year: 1900; Census Place: Frontier, Uinta, Wyoming; Page: 21; Enumeration District: 0060, John Kiddy; digital images, Ancestry.com (online : online digital 11 March 2018); Ancestry.com. 1900 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004..
6. 1910, , population schedule, Year: 1910; Census Place: Woodruff, Rich, Utah; Roll: T624_1604; Page: 14A; Enumeration District: 0073; FHL microfilm: 1375617, John Kiddy; digital images, Ancestry.com (: online digital 11 March 2018); Ancestry.com. 1910 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006..
7. "Manifests of Passengers Arriving at St. Albans, VT, District through Canadian Pacific and Atlantic Ports, 1895-1954;," digital, Ancestry.com, Ancestry.com (: online digital 11 March 2018), John Kiddy; citing The National Archives at Washington, D.C.; Washington, D.C.; Manifests of Passengers Arriving at St. Albans, VT, District through Canadian Pacific and Atlantic Ports, 1895-1954; Record Group Title: Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, 1787 - 2004; Record Group Number: 85; Series Number: M1464; Roll Number: 151.
8. 1920, , population schedule, Year: 1920; Census Place: Election District 8, Lincoln, Wyoming; Roll: T625_2027; Page: 2A; Enumeration District: 63, John Kiddy; digital images, Ancestry.com (: online digital 18 July 2011); Ancestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. Images reproduced by FamilySearch.
9. Marriage Records, Western States Marriage Record Index, BYU/Idaho Special Collections, Rexberg, Idaho, online. firstname.lastname@example.org, ID#197482.
10. Petition for Naturalization, John Kiddy, #451,Lincoln County, Wyoming, Third District; Lincoln County Historical Societies, online digital; Courthouse, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming.