Giuseppe "Joseph" ROLLO(1-4) was born on 4 September 1895 in Grimaldi, Corenza, Italty, his mother’s name was Jilomena.(2,5-6) He immigrated on 20 Sep 1912 to New York working as a farm laborer and intending to travel to Pocatello, Idaho where his brother Francesco Rollo was living.(3) He submitted draft registration cards for WWI on 5 June 1917 in Sage, Lincoln, Wyoming.(2) Joseph appeared in the census in 1920 in Kemmerer, Wyoming living as a roomer with Frank and Mike Veltri.(6) In 1920 Joe was working as a laborer for the Railroad.(6) He died in a gas explosion in Frontier No. 1 coal mine on 14 August 1923 at the age of 27 in Frontier, Wyoming.(5) He was buried on 17 August 1923 in Kemmerer, .(5,7) At the time of his death he was single.(5) Joseph served in the military Private 44 Engineers.(7)
1. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 1, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
2. "United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918," database with images, FamilySearch," digital, FamilySearch, FamilySearch.org (: online digital 19 July 2011), Joseph Rollo; citing United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918, "United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K687-5XL : 12 December 2014), Joseph Rollo, 1917-1918; citing Lincoln County, Wyoming, United States, NARA microfilm publication M1509 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.); FHL microfilm 2,022,241..
3. "Ancestry.com. New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957," digital (online), Ancestry.com. New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010., Ancestry.com (: online digital 3 March 2018), Giuseppe Rollo; citing Year: 1912; Arrival: New York, New York; Microfilm Serial: T715, 1897-1957; Microfilm Roll: Roll 1938; Line: 22; Page Number: 22.
4. Sneddon Robert T. Inspector (Dist 1) & Robert V. Hotchkiss Inspector (Dist2), "State Coal Mine Inspectors Of Wyoming, Districts No. 1 and 2," year: 1923; report, 1923; , Wyoming State Archives on microfilm, Cheyenne, Wyoming.
5. Joe Rollo, death certificate file no. 1455 (14 August 1923), State of Wyoming, Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Central Avenue, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
6. 1920, population schedule, Year: 1920; Census Place: Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming; Roll: T625_2027; Page: 14B; Enumeration District: 56, Joe Rollo; digital images, Ancestry.com (: online 19 July 2011); Ancestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. Images reproduced by FamilySearch..
7. Cemetery-Headstone, Kemmerer City Cemetery, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming. Personal photograph, property of and in possession of Roberts Roots & Branches, of headstone taken between 2000 and 2003. Joseph Rollo.