Thomas Rankin SNEDDON(1-2) was born on 15 October 1886 in Scolfield, Carbon, Utah to Charles Snedden and Elizabeth Rankin, both of his parents were from Scotland.(3-4) He appeared in the census in 1900 in Scofield, Utah with his parents, siblings, and two cousins.(5) He submitted draft registration cards for WWI on 5 June 1917 in Frontier, Wyoming where he was working for the Kemmerer Coal Company at the Frontier Mine No. 3.(4) Thomas was described as short with slim build and he had brown eyes and dark hair.(4) Thomas married Margaret Dyett.(7) Thomas appeared in the census in 1920 in Lincoln County, Wyoming living with his wife, Margaret and his two sons.(6) He died in a gas explosion in Frontier No. 1 coal mine on 14 August 1923 at the age of 36 in Frontier, Wyoming.(3) He was buried on 18 August 1923 in Rock Springs, Wyoming.(3)
1. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 1, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
2. Sneddon Robert T. Inspector (Dist 1) & Robert V. Hotchkiss Inspector (Dist2), "State Coal Mine Inspectors Of Wyoming, Districts No. 1 and 2," year: 1923; report, 1923; , Wyoming State Archives on microfilm, Cheyenne, Wyoming.
3. Thomas Rankin Snedden, death certificate file no. 1399 (14 August 1923), State of Wyoming, Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Central Avenue, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
4. "U.S. World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918," digital, Ancestry.com. U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005., Ancestry.com (: online 24 July 2011); citing United States, Selective Service System. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. Washington, D.C., Registration State: Wyoming; Registration County: Lincoln; Roll: 2022241.
5. 1900, population schedules, Year: 1900; Census Place: Scofield, Carbon, Utah; Page: 10; Enumeration District: 0087, Thomas R Sneddin; digital images, Ancestry.com (online : online 19 July 2011); Ancestry.com. 1900 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004..
6. 1920, population schedule, Year: 1920; Census Place: Election District 8, Lincoln, Wyoming; Roll: T625_2027; Page: 2B; Enumeration District: 63, Thomas Rankin; digital images, Ancestry.com (: online 19 July 2011); Ancestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. Images reproduced by FamilySearch.
7. Robert Sneddon (son of Thomas Sneddon and Margaret Dyett), (31 May 1939), Utah, County Marriages, 1887-1940: 588; Family Search, Utah.