The following Card of Thanks appeared in the local newspaper:
We wish to express our sincere gratitude and appreciation to our friends, neighbors, sisters of the Relief Society and all who have helped us in our hours of sorrow. The kindness and sympathy which has been extended to us, will never be forgotten.
MRS. JOE WAINWRIGHT, AND FAMILY.(13)
Harriet was left to mourn her husband and her son who were both killed that morning.
1. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 1, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
2. Sneddon Robert T. Inspector (Dist 1) & Robert V. Hotchkiss Inspector (Dist2), "State Coal Mine Inspectors Of Wyoming, Districts No. 1 and 2," year: 1923; report, 1923; , Wyoming State Archives on microfilm, Cheyenne, Wyoming.
3. Findagrave (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), Ancestry.com, Findagrave, digital image (: online 3 March 2018), Joseph Wainwright, Jr. Find A Grave Memorial# 75689449.
4. 1910, , population schedule, Year: 1910; Census Place: South Cumberland, Uinta, Wyoming; Roll: T624_1747; Page: 9A; Enumeration District: 0126; FHL microfilm: 1375760, Joseph Wainwright; digital images, Ancestry.com (: online digital 3 March 2018); Ancestry.com. 1910 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006..
5. 1920, , population schedule, Year: 1920; Census Place: Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming; Roll: T625_2027; Page: 2A; Enumeration District: 56, Jsoeph Wainwright; digital images, Ancestry.com (: online/digital 3 March 2018); Ancestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. Images reproduced by FamilySearch..
6. Joseph Wainwright, Jr., death certificate #1419 (14 August 1923), State of Wyoming, Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Central Avenue, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
9. 1870 U.S. census, population schedules., 1870 United States Federal Census; Year: 1870; Census Place: Morgan, Utah Territory; Roll: M593_1611; Page: 379B; Family History Library Film: 553110, NARA microfilm publication M593, 1,761 rolls., Family History Library Film: 553110, Joseph Wainwright, National Archives and Records Administration, n.d., Washington, D.C..
10. Tenth Census of the United States, 1880, Records of the Bureau of the Census; Year: 1880; Census Place: Croydon, Morgan, Utah; Roll: 1336; Page: 518B; Enumeration District: 035, Record Group 29, NARA microfilm publication T9, 1,454 rolls, Joseph Wainwright, Sr., Ancestry.com online/digital, National Archives,, Washington, D.C..
11. Joseph Wainwright, (25 March 1891), Utah, County Marriages, 1887-1940: "Utah, County Marriages, 1887-1940", database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XL96-QV9 : 12 November 2017), Mr. Joseph Wainwright and Miss Harriet Rock, 1891.; Family Search, , Utah.
12. Marriage Records, Western States Marriage Record Index, BYU/Idaho Special Collections, Rexberg, Idaho, online. firstname.lastname@example.org, volume B, page 509.
13. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 5, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.