After the accident, Louis’ brother William, published a Card of Thanks in the local newspaper:
“The sting of death was softened by the many manifestations of kindness and comforting words of sympathy from the many friends and neighbors during our bereavement in the loss of our dear brother, Louis Roberts, and we hasten to extend in a weak way, our deep appreciation and heartfelt thanks to all who so kindly assisted us; especially are we grateful to the members of the Local 2360, U.M.W. of A, and those who sent the beautiful flowers, as a last tribute to our loved one.
MR. AND MRS. W.H. ROBERTS”(7)
William and his wife Agnes lived in Kemmerer where William was a coal miner.(8)
1. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 1, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
2. Sneddon Robert T. Inspector (Dist 1) & Robert V. Hotchkiss Inspector (Dist2), "State Coal Mine Inspectors Of Wyoming, Districts No. 1 and 2," year: 1923; report, 1923; , Wyoming State Archives on microfilm, Cheyenne, Wyoming.
3. Louis Roberts, death certificate file no. 1440 (14 August 1923), State of Wyoming, Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Central Avenue, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
4. 1901, Nova Scotia, Year: 1901; Census Place: Glace Bay, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia; Page: 49; Family No: 451, Louis Roberts ; digital images, Ancestry.com, Ancestry.com (: accessed ).
5. 1921, Nova Scotia, Reference Number: RG 31; Folder Number: 40; Census Place: Glace Bay (Town), Cape Breton South and Richmond, Nova Scotia; Page Number: 13, Louis Roberts ; digital images, Ancestry.com, (: online digital 2 March 2018).
6. Kemmerer City Cemetery (Kemmerer City, Lincoln, Wyoming), Lincoln County Historical Societies, Lincoln County Historical Societies, index cards (: online 2 March 2018), Roberts, Louis.
7. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 5, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
8. Catholic Diocese of Antigonish, : FHL Roll: 004113956 online at Ancestry.com, Catholic Diocese of Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada baptism for W. Henry Roberts baptism.9. 1920 US Federal Census for Wm H. Roberts family, Year: 1930; Census Place: St Louis, St. Louis (Independent City), Missouri; Page: 3B; Enumeration District: 0194; FHL microfilm: 2340979.