Giovanni "John" COLI(1,2) was born about 1891 in Villaminozo, Italy to Ferdinando Coli. (3,4,5) At age 30 and widowed, John left his father in E. Secchio, Italy and traveled to the home of his brother, Virgilig Coli in Diamondville, Wyoming located just outside of Kemmerer, Wyoming.(3,5) John immigrated on 31 December 1920 sailing on the ship Metagama to St. John, New Brunswick, Canada.( 4,5) John traveled with friend, Giovanni Pieroni, and upon their arrival to Canada, they immediately crossed the border into the United States traveling to Wyoming.(5) John, his brother Virgilig and his immigration friend Giovanni Pieroni, were all killed in a gas explosion in Frontier No. 1 coal mine on 14 August 1923 in Frontier, Wyoming.(1,2,3) John was 32 years old at the time of his death.(1,3,4,5) John was buried on 17 August 1923 in Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming, United States.(3)
1. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 1, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
2. Sneddon Robert T. Inspector (Dist 1) & Robert V. Hotchkiss Inspector (Dist2), "State Coal Mine Inspectors Of Wyoming, Districts No. 1 and 2," year: 1923; report, 1923; , Wyoming State Archives on microfilm, Cheyenne, Wyoming.
3. John Giovanni Coli, death certificate file no. 1386 (14 August 1923), State of Wyoming, Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Central Avenue, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
4. "Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1947," digital online, Ancestry.com, Ancestry.com (: online 6 March 2018), Giovanni Coli; citing Passenger Lists, 1865–1935. Microfilm Publications T-479 to T-520, T-4689 to T-4874, T-14700 to T-14939, C-4511 to C-4542. Library and Archives Canada, n.d. RG 76-C. Department of Employment and Immigration fonds. Library and Archives Canada Ottawa, Ontario, Canada..
5. "Immigration-US Border Crossings from Canada to US 1895-1960," digital online, National Archives at Washington, D.C., Ancestry.com (: online 6 March 2018), Guovanni Coli; citing 11; arrival date 31 Dec 1920.