A. OYAMA(1-2) was born about 1875 in Japan.(3-4) He emigrated on 17 March 1903 from Honolulu, Hawaii with his wife, and two children ages four and one.(4) He appeared in the census in 1920 in Lincoln County, Wyoming where he was recorded as married, living alone and working as a laborer in the coal mine.(4) Oyama died in a gas explosion in Frontier No. 1 coal mine on 14 August 1923 at the age of 48 in Frontier, Wyoming, United States.(3,5) He was buried on 17 August 1923 in Kemmerer, Wyoming.(3,5)
1. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 1, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
2. Sneddon Robert T. Inspector (Dist 1) & Robert V. Hotchkiss Inspector (Dist2), "State Coal Mine Inspectors Of Wyoming, Districts No. 1 and 2," year: 1923; report, 1923; , Wyoming State Archives on microfilm, Cheyenne, Wyoming.
3. A. Oyama, death certificate file no. 1445 (14 August 1923), State of Wyoming, Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Central Avenue, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
4. 1920, population schedule, Year: 1920; Census Place: Election District 8, Lincoln, Wyoming; Roll: T625_2027; Page: 7A; Enumeration District: 63, A Oyama; digital images, Ancestry.com (: online 19 July 2011); Ancestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. Images reproduced by FamilySearch.
5. Kemmerer City Cemetery (Kemmerer City, Lincoln, Wyoming), Lincoln County Historical Societies, Lincoln County Historical Societies, index cards (: online 28 February 2018), A Oyama.