Henry John KANGAS(1-2) was born on 16 December 1889 in Lapingula, Finland.(3-2) He submitted draft registration cards for WWI on 5 June 1917 in Frontier, Wyoming.(4) Henry served in the military Pvt. Coast Art. Corps.(5) He was naturalized and was of medium height and medium build with brown eyes and light hair.(4) He died in a gas explosion in Frontier No. 1 coal mine on 14 August 1923 at the age of 33 in Frontier.(3-5) Henry was buried on 16 August 1923 in Kemmerer, Wyoming.(3-5) He was single.(3)
1. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 1, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
2. Sneddon Robert T. Inspector (Dist 1) & Robert V. Hotchkiss Inspector (Dist2), "State Coal Mine Inspectors Of Wyoming, Districts No. 1 and 2," year: 1923; report, 1923; , Wyoming State Archives on microfilm, Cheyenne, Wyoming.
3. Henry John Kangas, death certificate file no. 1401 (14 August 1923), State of Wyoming, Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Central Avenue, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
4. "U.S. World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918," digital, Ancestry.com. U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005., Ancestry.com (: online digital 30 July 2011), Henry Kangas; citing United States, Selective Service System. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. Washington, D.C.:, Roll 2022241.
5. Cemetery-Headstone, Kemmerer City Cemetery, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming. Personal photograph, property of and in possession of Roberts Roots & Branches, of headstone taken between 2000 and 2003., Henry Kangas.