Faustino VALANDRO(1-3) was born on 30 April 1876 in Spera Provinca, Trento, Austria to Valeriano Valandro and Maria Purin.(2,4-5). As a single man, Faustino immigrated on 24 April 1905 to New York and then traveled on to Kemmerer, Wyoming.(6,7) Faustino submitted draft registration cards for WWI on 12 September 1918 in Kemmerer while working for the Frontier Supply Company as a wood chopper at the Hams Fork Timber Camp.(5) Faustino was of medium height and had blue eyes and black hair, in addition he lost his right eye.(5) Faustino appeared in the census in 1920 in Lincoln County living as a married “batchelor” (sic) and working as a coal miner, while living with the E. Barb family.(7) Faustino died in a gas explosion in Frontier No. 1 coal mine on 14 August 1923 at the age of 47 in Frontier.(2) He was buried on 17 August 1923 in Kemmerer, Wyoming.(2,8) Faustino was married to Catterina Purin who after she was widowed would eventually become Mrs. Catterina Paterno.(2)
1. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 1, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
2. Faustino Valandro, death certificate file no. 1408 affidavit for correction dated 17 April 1951 (14 August 1923), State of Wyoming, Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Central Avenue, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
3. Sneddon Robert T. Inspector (Dist 1) & Robert V. Hotchkiss Inspector (Dist2), "State Coal Mine Inspectors Of Wyoming, Districts No. 1 and 2," year: 1923; report, 1923; , Wyoming State Archives on microfilm, Cheyenne, Wyoming.
5. "U.S. World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918," digital, Ancestry.com. U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005., Ancestry.com (: online 30 July 2011), Valandro Faustino; citing United States, Selective Service System. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. Washington, D.C.:, Valandro Faustino, 1917-1918; citing Lincoln County, Wyoming, United States, NARA microfilm publication M1509.
6. "Ancestry.com. New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957," digital (online), Ancestry.com. New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010., Ancestry.com (: online digital 7 March 2018), Faustino Valandro; citing Year: 1905; Arrival: New York, New York; Microfilm Serial: T715, 1897-1957; Microfilm Roll: Roll 0564; Line: 17; Page Number: 34.
7. 1920, , population schedule, District: 63, Vol Fanistin; digital images, Ancestry.com (: online digital 7 March 2018); Ancestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. Images reproduced by FamilySearch..
8. Lincoln County Historical Societies (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), Lincoln County Historical Societies, , online digital (: online 7 March 2018), Faustino Valandro.