Louis ANDRETTA(1) was born on 17 June 1894 in Glenwood Springs, Colorado to Bartolo “Louis” Andretta and Maria “Mary” Noradeen.(3,4) He appeared with his parents and siblings in the census in 1910 in Pryor, Colorado.(6) He submitted draft registration cards for WWI in Huerfano County, Colorado where he reported he was an alien and a subject of Austria, but there is a handwritten notation that Joe was a “native born American Citizen”.(5) He had dark blue eyes, dark brown hair and was medium build.(5) Louis married Louise PERRET on 3 May 1919 in Trinidad, Colorado.(3,6) Louis aged 29, along with his older brother Guiseppe “Joe”, died in a gas explosion in Frontier No. 1 coal mine on 14 August 1923 in Frontier, Wyoming.(3,6) Recovery crews located Louis’ body in the lower level of the mine and his body was not recovered until the following day late in the afternoon.(8,9) He was buried on 19 Aug 1923 in Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming, United States.(3,4)
(1) Sneddon Robert T. Inspector (Dist 1) & Robert V. Hotchkiss Inspector (Dist2), "State Coal Mine Inspectors Of Wyoming, Districts No. 1 and 2," year: 1923; report, 1923; Wyoming State Archives on microfilm, Cheyenne, Wyoming.
(2) Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 1, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
(3) Louis Andretta, death certificate file no. 1422 (14 August 1923), State of Wyoming, Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Centeral Avenue, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
(4) Findagrave.com, "findagrave.com," digital photographs and cemetery records, (: online 21 July 2011), Mrs. Louis Andreatta findagrave memorial #62567955.
(5) "U.S. World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918," digital, Ancestry.com. U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005., Ancestry.com (: onine digital 21 July 2011), Luois Andreatta; citing United States, Selective Service System. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. Washington, D.C.:, Huerfano County, Colorado, roll 1561814.
(6) 1910, population schedule, Year: 1910; Census Place: Pryor, Huerfano, Colorado; Roll: T624_120; Page: 15A; Enumeration District: 0085; FHL microfilm: 1374133, Louis Andereatha; digital images, Ancestry.com (: online digital 23 July 2011); Ancestry.com. 1910 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006..
(7) Ancestry.com. Colorado, County Marriage Records and State Index, 1862-2006 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2016., (31 March 1921), Colorado, County Marriage Records and State Index, 1862-2006 (Ancestry.com): film #1690049; State Archives, Denver, Colorado.
(8) Kemmerer Republican, Friday, 17 August 1923 page 1, on microfilm at the Lincoln County Library, Kemmerer Branch, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming.(9) Kemmerer Republican, Friday, 17 August 1923 page 1, on microfilm at the Lincoln County Library, Kemmerer Branch, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming.