Pretari "Pete" PALMIRO(1-2) was born on 8 April 1885 in Bagnone, Italy.(3-5) He left Genoa, Italy and he immigrated on 18 June 1909 to New York.(4-5) He renounced his allegiance of Italy in Chicago, Illinois with the intention of becoming a United States Citizen.(4) At the time Pete was living in Westville, Illinois working as a coal miner.(4) Pete was had a dark complexion, was 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighed 140 pound, he had brown hair and brown eyes with no visible distinctive marks.(4) Pete lived in Pueblo, Colorado in 1916, where he submitted an employment application on 22 July 1916 at Colorado Steelworks in Pueblo.(6) He appeared in the census in 1920 in Georgetown, Illinois where he was living as a “boarder” with the Joseph Giacone family and another boarder named Attilio Filippi.(5) Over the next three years Pete moved to Wyoming where he was employed by the Kemmerer Coal Company as a coal miner. Pete died in a gas explosion in Frontier No. 1 coal mine on 14 August 1923 at the age of 38 in Frontier, Wyoming.(3) He was buried on 17 August 1923 in Kemmerer.(3) He was single.(3)
1. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 1, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
2. Sneddon Robert T. Inspector (Dist 1) & Robert V. Hotchkiss Inspector (Dist2), "State Coal Mine Inspectors Of Wyoming, Districts No. 1 and 2," year: 1923; report, 1923; , Wyoming State Archives on microfilm, Cheyenne, Wyoming.
3. Pete Palmyra, death certificate #1469 (14 August 1923), State of Wyoming, Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Central Avenue, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
4. Petari Palmiro, National Archives at Chicago; Chicago, Illinois; ARC Title: Declarations of Intention for Citizenship, 1906 - 1951; NAI Number: 12024215; Record Group Title: Records of District Courts of the United States, 1685-2009; Record Group Number: RG 21, , Chicago, Illinois; Records of District Courts of the United States, 1685-2009; National Archives at Chicago, Chicago, Illinoi.
5. 1920, , population schedule, Year: 1920; Census Place: Georgetown, Vermilion, Illinois; Roll: T625_412; Page: 20A; Enumeration District: 181, Pritari Palmero boarder-head of household Joseph Giacone; digital images, Ancestry.com (: online 24 September 2011); Ancestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. Images reproduced by FamilySearch..
6. Steelworks Center of the West; Pueblo, CO; Colorado Steelworks Employment Records , Ancestry.com. Colorado, Steelworks Employment Records, 1887-1979 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2016, application date: 22 July 1916.