S or K MASAKI(1-2) was born about 1893 in Japan.(3) He died in a gas explosion in Frontier No. 1 coal mine on 14 August 1923 at the age of 30 in Frontier, Wyoming.(3) He may be buried in Kemmerer, Wyoming.(3)
There are several discrepancies for this coal miner. His given name initial on the death certificate is “K” and on the cemetery record and the Coal Mine Inspectors report it is “S”.(2-4) Another discrepancy is where he is buried; there is a cemetery record from the Kemmerer City Cemetery and the death certificate supports that he is buried in Kemmerer.(3-4) However, on 24 August 1923 in the Kemmerer Republican Masaki is listed as his body was shipped to Denver, Colorado.(5)
1. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 1, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
2. Sneddon Robert T. Inspector (Dist 1) & Robert V. Hotchkiss Inspector (Dist2), "State Coal Mine Inspectors Of Wyoming, Districts No. 1 and 2," year: 1923; report, 1923; , Wyoming State Archives on microfilm, Cheyenne, Wyoming.
3. K. Masaki, death certificate file no. 1442 (14 August 1923), State of Wyoming, Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Central Avenue, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
4. Kemmerer City Cemetery (Kemmerer City, Lincoln, Wyoming), Lincoln County Historical Societies, Lincoln County Historical Societies, index cards (: online 2018), Masaki, S.
5. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, no pagi listed, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.