Egidio (Agioio) BEBBER(1,9) was born in about 1885 in Austria.(2,3) He immigrated about 1909.(4) He appeared in the census in 1910 in Middle, Sweetwater, Wyoming, living as a boarder and working as a coal miner.(4) Egidio (Agioio) BEBBER and Maria/Mary Broso were married on 15 June 1913 in Kemmerer.(5,6) Maria/Mary was born on 2 February 1889 in Austria.(5,7) She died on 20 February 1915 at the age of 26 of Tuberculosis leaving a 10 month old baby.(5) She was buried in Kemmerer.(5,7) In 1918, Egidio’s brother Atillio immigrated to Wyoming where Egidio was living at the Wyoming Saloon in Rock Springs, Wyoming.(8) Eventually the Bebber brothers moved to Frontier and worked as coal miners for the Kemmerer Coal Company. Egidio was 38 years old when he and his brother Attilio, were killed in a gas explosion in Frontier No. 1 coal mine on 14 August 1923 in Frontier, Wyoming.(2,3) He was buried on 17 August 1923 in the Kemmerer City Cemetery.(2,3)
(1) Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 1, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
(2) E Bebber, death certificate file no. 1412 (14 August 1923), State of Wyoming, Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Centeral Avenue, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
(3) Cemetery-Headstone, Kemmerer City Cemetery, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming. Personal photograph, property of and in possession of Roberts Roots & Branches, of headstone taken between 2000 and 2003., Attilio & Agioio Bebber headstone.
(4) 1910, population schedule, Year: 1910; Census Place: Middle, Sweetwater, Wyoming; Roll: T624_1746; Page: 11A; Enumeration District: 0119; FHL microfilm: 1375759, Agedo Baber; digital images, Ancestry.com (: online digital 18 July 2011); Ancestry.com. 1910 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006..
(5)Kemmerer Gazette, Wyoming Newspaper Project Online (: accessed 5 March 2018), Kemmerer Camera no. 42 February 24, 1915, page 5.
(6) Marriage Records, Western States Marriage Record Index, BYU/Idaho Special Collections, Rexberg, Idaho, online. firstname.lastname@example.org, ID#177605.
(7) Kemmerer City Cemetery (Kemmerer City, Lincoln, Wyoming), Lincoln County Historical Societies, Lincoln County Historical Societies, index cards (: online 2018), Maria Bebber.
(8) "U.S. World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918," digital, Ancestry.com. U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005., Ancestry.com (: online digital 5 March 2018), Atilio Babor; citing United States, Selective Service System. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. Washington, D.C.:, FHL microfilm 2,022,321.
(9) Sneddon Robert T. Inspector (Dist 1) & Robert V. Hotchkiss Inspector (Dist2), "State Coal Mine Inspectors Of Wyoming, Districts No. 1 and 2," year: 1923; report, 1923; Wyoming State Archives on microfilm, Cheyenne, Wyoming.