George LUPCHO(1-2) was born on 5 August 1895 in Scranton, Pennsylvania to Andrew and Barbara Lupcho.(3-6) At age five, he appeared in the census in 1900 in East Union, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania living with his parents and siblings.(5) At age fifteen, he appeared in the census in 1910 in Frontier, Wyoming where he was living with his siblings and parents.(7) George filled out draft registration cards for WWI on 5 June 1917 in Frontier, Wyoming.(6) George was tall with a medium build with blue eyes and light hair and he was working as a coal miner for the Kemmerer Coal Company in the Number 3 Frontier Mine.(6) He appeared in the census in 1920 at Lincoln County, Wyoming living with his widowed father and siblings, and where he was incorrectly recorded as “Georgia” and as a female.(8) George LUPCHO and Annie NORMAN(9) were married on 16 October 1921 in Kemmerer, Wyoming.(9) George died in a gas explosion in Frontier No. 1 coal mine on 14 August 1923 at the age of 28 in Frontier along with his father, Andrew , and his younger brother Joe.(3) George was buried on 17 August 1923 in Kemmerer, Wyoming.(3)
George’s family printed the following Card of Thanks in the Kemmerer Republican:
To all of our neighbors and friends, as well as the members of the K. of C. lodge and U.M.W. of A. No. 2360, our heartfelt thanks is extended for the many manifestations of sympathy and kindly deeds performed for us during our bereavement in the loss of our dear father and brothers, Andrew, George and Joseph Lupecho, who met death Tuesday, August 14, in the terrible disaster. It is comforting to know that the finer feelings of love and devotion to fellow beings in distress still exists.
MRS. MARY ROLETTO
ANNA LUPCHO AND FAMILY(10)
In addition, another note appearing on the same day:
My burden has been hard to bear in the loss of my beloved husband, George Lupcho, but the many deeds of kindness and comforting words from friends and neighbors, has served to assuage grief. To all who assisted me in my sorrow, I extend heartfelt thanks; especially do I thank the members of local Union No. 2360, U.M.W. of A., and the K. of C. lodge, and to the donors of the floral tributes.
MRS. GEORGE LUPCHO.(10)
George was survived by his wife and a newborn baby.(2)
1. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 1, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
2. Sneddon Robert T. Inspector (Dist 1) & Robert V. Hotchkiss Inspector (Dist2), "State Coal Mine Inspectors Of Wyoming, Districts No. 1 and 2," year: 1923; report, 1923; , Wyoming State Archives, Cheyenne, Wyoming.
3. George Lupcho, death certificate file no. 1463 (14 August 1923), State of Wyoming, Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Centeral Avenue, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
4. 1920 , population schedule, Year: 1920; Census Place: Election District 8, Lincoln, Wyoming; Roll: T625_2027; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 63, Andrew Lupcho family and George "Georgia Lupedo" Lupcho; digital images, Ancestry.com (: online August 2011); Ancestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. Images reproduced by FamilySearch..
5. 1900, , population schedules, Year: 1900; Census Place: East Union, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania; Page: 23; Enumeration District: 0142, famiy of Andrew Lupcho; digital images, Ancestry.com (online : online August 2011); Ancestry.com. 1900 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004..
6. "U.S. World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918," digital, Ancestry.com. U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005, Ancestry.com (: onlin July 2011), Geogre Lupcho; citing United States, Selective Service System. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. Washington, D.C.: Registration State: Wyoming; Registration County: Lincoln; Roll: 2022241.
7. 1910, , population schedule, Year: 1910; Census Place: Frontier, Uinta, Wyoming; Roll: T624_1747; Page: 4B; Enumeration District: 0129; FHL microfilm: 1375760, Andrew Lupcho family including George & Joe; digital images, Ancestry.com (: August 2011 ); Ancestry.com. 1910 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006..
8. 1920, , population schedule, Year: 1920; Census Place: Election District 8, Lincoln, Wyoming; Roll: T625_2027; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 63, , Andrew Lupcho family including George & Joe.
9. Marriage Records, Western States Marriage Record Index, BYU/Idaho Special Collections, Rexberg, Idaho, online. email@example.com, Kemmerer, 16 Oct 1921, Volume 2, page 207.
10. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 5, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.