Giovanni "John" PIERONI(1-2) was born about 1883 in Villa Reggio, Italy.(3) He came to tuhe United States several times. The first time was 3 December 1910 arriving in New York and living in Diamondville, Wyoming.(3) Then he returned on 31 December 1920 to St. John, New Brunswick, Canada.(4-5) He was a married laborer who left his wife Sarafini in Villaminozo, Italy to travel to Diamondville, Wyoming to the home of a friend, Canori Girillo.(4-5) John died in a gas explosion in Frontier No. 1 coal mine on 14 August 1923 at the age of 40 in Frontier, Wyoming.(3,6) He was buried in the Kemmerer City Cemetery.(3)
1. Kemmerer Republican, (Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming), 24 August 1923, page 1, microfilm; Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald Street, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming 83101.
2. Sneddon Robert T. Inspector (Dist 1) & Robert V. Hotchkiss Inspector (Dist2), "State Coal Mine Inspectors Of Wyoming, Districts No. 1 and 2," year: 1923; report, 1923; , Wyoming State Archives on microfilm, Cheyenne, Wyoming.
3. John Pieroni, death certificate file no. 1405 (14 August 1923), State of Wyoming, Wyoming State Archives, 2301 Central Avenue, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
4. "Border Crossings from Canada to U.S.," digital, National Archives at Washington, Ancestry.com (: online 6 March 2018), line #11 Giovanni Pieroni; citing The National Archives at Washington, D.C.; Washington, D.C.; Manifests of Passengers Arriving at St. Albans, VT, District through Canadian Pacific and Atlantic Ports, 1895-1954; Record Group Title: Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, 1787 - 2004; Record Group Number: 85; Series Number: M1464; Roll Number: 413.
5. "Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1947," digital online, Ancestry.com, Ancestry.com (: online 6 March 2018), Giovanni Pieroni; citing Passenger Lists, 1865–1935. Microfilm Publications T-479 to T-520, T-4689 to T-4874, T-14700 to T-14939, C-4511 to C-4542. Library and Archives Canada, n.d. RG 76-C. Department of Employment and Immigration fonds. Library and Archives Canada Ottawa, Ontario, Canada..
6. Cemetery-Headstone, Kemmerer City Cemetery, Kemmerer, Lincoln, Wyoming. Personal photograph, property of and in possession of Roberts Roots & Branches, of headstone taken between 2000 and 2003, Pieroni.
7. "Ancestry.com. New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957," digital (online), Ancestry.com. New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010., Ancestry.com (: online 24 September 2011), line #17; Giovanni Pieroni.